Monday, July 18, 2011

You know, it's the small joys in life (a random week's collections)

You know, it's the small joys in life.
The feel of a small hand on your back,
The other hand cupping your ear.
And the owner's voice whispering,
"There's no more soap in the bathroom".

---
Me, to my friend, Scott – “Today, when I came in from recess.… I really don't have to finish this story, do I?”

Scott – “No.  No, you don't.  But I was hoping you were going to say, 'I got out my blue mat and had milk and cookies'.”

 ---
 One of my students after dropping his cookie on the floor and retrieving it: "If you say, 'God bless the germs,' it helps."

---
Another student - “I’m not going to be here, tomorrow.  Can I use the restroom?”
::My head therein explodes like the jury member on South Park after the Chewbacca/Ewok question.  Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.

---
Me -"How are you doing, Xavier?"

Xavier -"How are you doing, too?" :o)

Maybe you had to hear him say it.

 ---
Boo-ya!  The Assistant Principle just told me (well, she told me ma, but either way) that I would make a great father.

Ladies, start faxing in your resumes!  Well, I don't have a fax machine, so maybe just send it some other way. And I’m not really looking for the father thing just yet, so maybe just send a note to say hello and how nice the weather is.

---
A final note to the heedful:  Never, under any circumstances, sneeze while peeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment